mission header main information
left cactus right cactus left main-car-img

Nor Cal VW Car Show Main Event by Dubaffair (Mission)

Date: SATURDAY, JULY 27, 2024

7am-10am - ARRIVAL Car Entry, Swap Meet, Vendors

8am - Show starts

3pm - Raffle announcements

3:30pm - Winners Parade/Awards

4:30pm - Event Ends

Guest are welcome to stay after the show and enjoy the San Juan Bautista town.

Location: Car Entrance from The Alameda at 25 Franklin Street

Directions: 101 Highway, Exit CA-156 East towards San Juan Bautista/Hollister, Take a Left at The Alameda and look for tent.

Event Confirmations will be sent out within 24 hours for All Pre-Registered Vehicles.

Restrictions: No bbq allowed, no outside drinks, pets must be on leash

Do you need a Hotel?

Posada de San Juan Bautista

310 Fourth Street, San Juan Bautista.
(walking distance)

Call 831-623-4030

Hacienda de Leal

410 The Alameda, San Juan Bautista.
(across from town)

Call (831) 623- 4380

Do you need an RV & Camping Location?

McAlpine Lake & Park

900 Anzar Road, San Juan Bautista
(RV & Camp Sites)

Call to Reserve a Spot (831) 623-4263

Mission Farm RV Park

400 San Juan Hollister, San Juan Bautista

Call to Reserve a Spot (831) 623-4456

Historical Information

Mission San Juan Bautista info plaque

Mission San Juan Bautista is a Spanish mission in San Juan Bautista, San Benito County, California. Founded on June 24, 1797 by Fermín Lasuén of the Franciscan order, the mission was the fifteenth of the Spanish missions established in present-day California. Named for Saint John the Baptist, the mission is the namesake of the city of San Juan Bautista.Barracks for the soldiers, a nunnery, the Jose Castro House, and other buildings were constructed around a large grassy plaza in front of the church and can be seen today in their original form. The Ohlone, the original residents of the valley, were brought to live at the mission and baptized, followed by Yokuts from the Central Valley. Mission San Juan Bautista has served mass daily since 1797, and today functions as a parish church of the Diocese of Monterey.HistoryFollowing its creation in 1797, San Juan's population grew quickly. By 1803, there were 1,036 Native Americans living at the mission. Ranching and farming activity had moved apace, with 1,036 cattle, 4,600 sheep, 22 swine, 540 horses and 8 mules counted that year. At the same time, the harvest of wheat, barley and corn was estimated at 2,018 fanegas, each of about 220 pounds.